Intros, Outros, and Bumpers!
The introduction to your podcast in the very beginning
The message at the end of your podcast
A music clip, sound effect, and/or message (~15 seconds) that transitions listeners between segments (intro → content → outro)
What each podcast intro needs:
- Your podcast’s name
- Your name (or a nickname or an alias)
- What your podcast is about (what do you hope to help or solve with your podcast?)
- Who the show is for (a.k.a. your audience)
- What this podcast’s episode is about
- An episode title or date (so listeners can keep track of your podcast)
Intro Sample Script
Copy and paste this into your own document, and adapt it for your own podcast!
Hello and welcome to PODCAST NAME, the podcast about YOUR PODCAST’S TOPIC.
I am your host, YOUR NAME.
PODCAST NAME is for WHO YOUR AUDIENCE IS.
In this episode, “EPISODE TITLE” and/or DATE, I will talk about THE EPISODE’S TOPIC.
Hello and welcome to Bow Wow Cast, the podcast about making the world a better place for dogs.
I am your host, Howl Barker.
Bow Wow Cast is for everyone who wants to better understand their dogs, and to help all dogs find forever homes.
In this episode for the week of July 23rd, 2020, I will talk about how to make your new dog feel comfortable in your home and with your family.
What each podcast outro needs:
- A “Thank-You” to your listeners
- A quick recap
- Links to the things you referenced in your podcast
- Your podcast’s website address (where you can list social media, contact info, older episodes, etc.)
- One call to action (such as “please subscribe to hear more!”)
- If possible, a preview of your next episode!
- A goodbye/sign-off
Thank you for listening to Bow Wow Cast!
I hope you enjoyed learning about the ways you can set up a special crate for your dog to make them feel safe in a new space, and the activities to make your new dog feel like they’re part of the family.
You can find the products I mentioned at Woof.edu and PetPagoda.org.
You can find us at BowWowCast.com.
Please subscribe to hear more!
In next week’s episode, I will talk about organizations that match abandoned dogs with new families.
Goodbye and have a tail-wagging week!